Stephen W. Davis
Stephen W. Davis joined the firm in January 2010. He is a 2009 graduate of Southern Methodist University.
Stephen is a litigator with the firm and works primarily on collections. In addition to his primary cases, Stephen has also assisted more senior associates with cases involving temporary injunctions, landlord-tenant matters and debtor defense.
Stephen graduated from The University of Texas in 2006.
- Represented the largest unsecured creditor in a complex chapter 11 bankruptcy of a Children’s Hospital after successfully garnishing $2 Million of the Debtor’s funds prior to the Debtor filing Bankruptcy. Negotiated payment of the creditor’s claim through the bankruptcy estate.
- Represented a Double-A baseball affiliate in multiple matters. In one matter, obtained judgment and collection against an individual who breached a contract with the club.
- Represented a conglomerate of insurance syndicates in defense of a National Football League athlete who sought damages related to an injury. Provided litigation support to produce successful resolution.
- Obtained a Temporary Restraining Order against multiple entities on behalf of a business whose accounting software had been withheld to ensure prompt payment of all of the business’ employees.
- Represents businesses in actions against former employees and competitors for theft of trade secrets and intellectual property. Often obtaining injunctive relief.
- Represents creditors in bankruptcy actions to ensure payment of claims.
- Representation includes Chapter 7 cases against individuals debtors and both simple and complex Chapter 11 reorganizations. Stephen often ensures payment and preservation of claims when none is expected.
- Represents private contractors in suits against various arms of the federal government and government prime contractors for non-payment on government issued contracts under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), including appeals before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals. Defendants include the United States Air Force and a Fortune 500 Company defense contractor.
- Represents a home improvement lender and loan servicer in collection matters where the Debtors have defaulted on their Notes.
- Regularly represents businesses and individuals in collection of unpaid invoices and breached contracts.
- Represents General Contractors and Subcontractors in filing mechanics and materialman’s liens and subsequent lawsuits to enforce the liens, when necessary.
- Successfully defended business owner in federal injunction matter involving meritless noncompete claims.
- Represented one faction of church involved in litigation over complex and emotional dispute involving church governance.
- Represented seller of business in litigation involving millions where president of company breached his fiduciary duties to the company in negotiating secret bonus deals for himself and other officers without disclosing same to the board of directors. Obtained, TRO and pushed the matter to swift trial.
- Represents contractors and subcontractor in the filing of mechanic’s liens.
- Represents all types of clients in collecting debts.
- Represented client in bill of review filed to set aside a judgment after the client failed to hire counsel and a default judgment was taken. Appeal is currently pending.
- Represented a client defrauded in a fake business scheme and obtained a judgment that included exemplary damages for the fraud.
- Represented employer client in obtaining TRO and Permanent Injunction to halt unfair competition by former employees.
- Represents landlords and tenants.