Jose R. Espinosa
Mr. Espinosa graduated from Southern Methodist University Law School in 201X and immediately joined the Firm at that time. Jose also obtained an engineering degree from Southern Methodist in 200X. Jose is a Dallas native
Josepractices primarily in the area of Commercial litigation.
Represented a multi-office commodity trading company in which a Partner stole business to begin a competing company. Obtained multiple injunctive measures and a
ble to sever out parties to prevent lulls in activity when a specific Defendant filed bankruptcy. Able to resolve matter prior to trial with a seven-figure payout in favor of the client.
Represents a commercial property management company across multiple apartment complexes all over Texas handling business issues including, but not limited to, dealing with the local cities, eviction matters, construction and insurance matters.
- Successful representation of international data company in litigation against its data center pursuing claims for damages due to failure of data center to supply power in violation of contract.
- Representation of billion dollar fund in complex business litigation pursuing assets purchased by the fund in various cities in Texas.
- Representation of buyer of business that discovered seller of business had misrepresented the environmental condition of the business. The business was purchased using funds borrowed from a bank and seller-financing. Case settled for forgiveness of the entire seller-financed obligation.
- Representation of more than thirty individuals sued for alleged breach of non-compete agreements in a multi-level company. Settled on terms that allowed each client to continue to compete with the Plaintiff.
- Representation of employer against multiple employees that attempted to start their own competing business. Obtained Temporary Restraining Order and Temporary Injunction. Matter settled favorably to employer client.
- Representation of multiple contractors (including sub contractors) in the filing of mechanic's liens all over Texas.
- Represented a general contractor against a conservation district that accused the contractor of violating city codes. Defeated the district's attempt to obtain a Temporary Restraining Order. Case subsequently settled on favorable terms.<
- Representation of multiple clients in enforcing their rights regarding copyrights in Federal Court.
- Representation of commercial property management company that was sued for alleged mismanagement of property and breach of fiduciary duty. Case settled on terms with payment of negligible sum to Plaintiff.
- Representation of landlord attempting to evict Section 8 tenant represented by pro bono lawyers. Tenant was single mother of four accused of assaulting other tenants and disrupting peace of complex. Matter was tried to jury. Jury granted all relief requested and disruptive tenant was evicted.
- Representation of one party in a dissolution of a same sex relationship. Litigation involved ownership of personal property and family home. Case involved obtaining temporary restraining order to prevent former lover from coming on premises. Case settled with former partner permanently enjoined from entering upon the premises.
- Representation of buyer of home wherein the buyer's broker misrepresented the condition of the roof, going so far as to conceal an inspection report that detailed the poor condition of the roof. Suit brought on behalf of buyer against the buyer's broker. Case settled for sufficient funds to have the roof completely repaired.
- Frequently acts as local counsel for attorneys with cases in Texas.
- Sued all three credit bureaus for slandering the credit of various clients with false negative information.
- Representation of nationwide seller of turf and grass products against subcontractors that fail to pay for turf and grass products.
- Representation of a number of large local construction firms in the filing of liens and lawsuits to collect unpaid bills and retainers.
- Representation of judgment holder in garnishment and turnover actions resulting collection of the full amount due plus interest.
- Representation of food supplier in a variety of disputes regarding payment for supplies resulting in settlements, judgments and the sale of nonexempt property.
- Representation of pharmaceutical company in large scale collection in Southwest Region in both pre and post-judgment matters.