Jose R. Espinosa
Mr. Espinosa graduated from Southern Methodist University Law School in 2015 and immediately joined the Firm at that time. Jose also graduated from Southern Methodist in 2007 with a Triple Major in Math, Economics and Engineering Management, Information and Systems.
Jose is fluent in Spanish.
Jose practices primarily in the area of Commercial litigation.
- Represented a local private education institution to collect past due tuition.
- Represents a telecommunications firm in multiple collections on past due accounts.
- Represented an out-of-state individual who had made personal loans. After obtaining judgment and placing Defendant in jail due to non-compliance of the Court’s orders, collection was partially made prior to Defendant filing bankruptcy. Currently litigating a bankruptcy plan that will get client paid in full despite the judgment debtor’s bankruptcy filing.
- Representation of local factoring company in collecting past due accounts.
- Representation of large real estate concern in prosecuting specific performance lawsuit against seller that refused to close on large multi-family apartment complex.
- Representation of multi-billion dollar fund in Georgia against private school in South Texas involving a multi-million dollar dispute.
- Representation of out of state lender in a case against a well-known political figure in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Representation of a client against a local Chevrolet dealership on a DTPA claim because a $30,000 repair was so poorly performed the vehicle was unusable.
- Representation of many different clients in collecting debts owed to them and has appeared in courts all over Texas.