Douglas L. Bynum
Mr.Bynum graduated from Southern Methodist University Law School in 2002 and joined the Firm in 2017. Doug graduated from Texas Tech University in 1999 with a Bachelor's degree in Management.
Doug works on transactional matters for the firm but also practices extensively in the area of Commercial litigation.
- Established an in-house legal department from the ground up.
- Represented multiple clients against a Nationwide quick service restaurant chain regarding lease violations. Negotiated resolution and payment in client’s favor.
- Represented a telecommunication company as General Counsel to draft and negotiate contracts including, but not limited to, MSAs, sales, NDAs, and vendor agreements with Fortune 500 Companies within the telecom, IT, and financial industries.
- Represented a lawfirm collecting against a former client. Able to navigate and negotiate an unexpected counter-malpractice lawsuit against the client to reach a favorable outcome.
- Represented a carpet cleaning company in a post-judgment collection. While previously uncollectable, Doug was able to get payments to the client to satisfy the judgment.
- Represented a client in negotiating the purchase of a national wine and painting franchise.
- Represented dozens of clients by creating new entities for them including creation of by-laws and operating agreements.
- Represented entities in evictions of both individuals and companies throughout the appeal process with all judgments being upheld.