B. Morgan Bufkin
Morgan Bufkin is an Associate.
Morgan is a graduate of SMU Dedman Law, Class of 2018. Her studies concentrated in intellectual property, social media law, and entertainment law, as well as contracts, creditor’s rights, employment discrimination, and bankruptcy.
- YouTubers’ Fair Use Triumph…For Now?, Texas Entertainment and Sports Law Journal, Spring/Summer 2018 – Volume 27, No. 1.
- Represented Firearm’s Distribution company in post-judgment collection, and obtained sizable settlement agreement with debtor on behalf of client.
- Representation of man who was defrauded by a disreputable collections firm, which resulted in a settlement amount that covered the entire amount owed.
- Representation of real estate agent who had obtained a judgment from a debtor who was on the run from him. Conducted thorough research and interviews with family members of the debtor, which compelled the debtor to finally appear at our office and produce discovery responses in person.
- Representation that involved tracking down a debtor actively evading my client’s judgment for years, and who was also hiding from various other creditors. Debtor had no permanent address and “couch surfed” from place to place, only staying somewhere for about a week before moving on. After thorough research and detective work, I found the debtor and had the Constable arrest him and brought before the Judge for contempt, who compelled the debtor to hand-write his discovery responses or else be confined to jail for contempt.
- Representation of restaurant supply company against various restaurant owners for non-payment of sold goods in pre and post-judgment matters.
- Representation of out-of-state residential complex in domesticating foreign judgment and post-judgment garnishment of debtors’ accounts.